How do I Debug classic asp?
How do I Debug classic asp?
Please make sure you have enabled ASP content in iis.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the Internet Information Services item.
- Expand the World Wide Web Services item.
- Expand the Application Development Features item.
How do I Debug an ASP script?
Manually open the Microsoft Script Debugger to debug your ASP server-side scripts. Use Internet Explorer to request an . asp file. If the file contains a bug or an intentional statement to halt execution, the Microsoft Script Debugger will automatically start, display your script, and indicate the source of the error.
Is ASP classic still used?
It used scripting on the server to create content that would then be sent to a client’s web browser, and it enjoyed a tremendous amount of success in its time as a result. Classic ASP, however, is no longer being developed by Microsoft at all – it has long since been replaced by ASP.NET in 2002, a newer alternative.
How do I Debug ASP in Visual Studio?
Debug ASP.NET Core apps
- Select the ASP.NET Core project in Visual Studio Solution Explorer and click the Properties icon, or press Alt+Enter, or right-click and choose Properties.
- Select the Debug tab and click the link to open the Open debug launch profiles UI.
- Select the profile to configure for debugging.
How do I enable ASP debugging in IIS?
To enable server-side debugging using IIS Manager:
- In the Properties pages for any Web site or Web virtual directory, click the Home Directory or Virtual Directory tab.
- Under Application Settings, click Configuration.
- Click the Debugging tab.
- Select the Enable ASP server-side script debugging check box.
Who uses ASP?
Who uses ASP.NET? 12836 companies reportedly use ASP.NET in their tech stacks, including Slack, Alibaba Travels, and ViaVarejo.
How do I create a classic ASP project in Visual Studio?
- Create a new folder.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Choose “File” -> “Open web site”
- Go to the recently created folder.
- Then right click -> Add New item.
- Select “HTML File”
- Rename the file as .ASP.
- Create a new web site or virtual directory in IIS and point to the folder.
How is ASP.NET different from classic ASP?
ASP or also popularly known as Classic ASP developed by Microsoft is first Server-side scripting engine which is used for dynamic generation of web pages. ASP.NET, on the other hand, is a server-side web framework, open-source, which is designed for the generation of dynamic web pages.
How do I enable Classic ASP in IIS 10?
Normally, the iis version in windows 10 is iis10, you can follow below steps to enable classic asp in iis.
- Search for Turn Windows Features on or off in the win10 search bar.
- Expand Internet Information Services, then World Wide Web Services, then Application Development Features.
- Select ASP, and then click OK.
How to debug Classic ASP code?
You can use Visual Studio to debug Classic ASP. If you’re running a local copy of IIS, just attach the debugger to the w3wp.exe process and you can set breakpoints, add variables to watch windows, etc.
How to enable debugging in Asp Asp?
I’ve found that a useful setting to enable is found at the server level under ASP > Compilation > Debugging Properties > Send Errors To Browser. Set that to “True”. This may not be appropriate under all circumstances (e.g. for an internet-accessible site). Show activity on this post. Built in classic ASP debugging is pretty poor.
Is it possible to debug Classic ASP with IIS Express?
We have a lot of legacy applications in Classic ASP and it is great to be able to use the new IDEs to debug them. I couldn’t make it work with the IIS Express solution, it wouldn’t stop at the breakpoint. But it works great with the IIS solution! Best regards, Ludmilla Ludmilla- Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:24:26 AM Reply
Is it possible to debug Classic ASP pages with VSVs?
VS can do that with .NET stuff, but I don’t think you can debug classic ASP pages. You should make sure IIS 7 is configured to Send Errors To Browser = True. You’ll also need to edit your web.config to allow the errors to show in the browser.