How do you secure a stretch cord?
How do you secure a stretch cord?
To make a long-lasting elastic bracelet, follow these other tips:
- Stretch your cord before stringing any beads.
- Make your bracelet the correct size.
- Tie your knot with some tension in the bracelet.
- Tighten your knot from all sides.
- After cutting the elastic cord, add a dab of glue to the knot.
What size stretch Magic should I use?
Some general guidelines: Use 0.5mm Stretch Magic for 3mm crystal bicone beads. Use 0.7mm Stretch Magic for 4mm crystal bicones and tiny glass seed beads. Use 1mm Stretch Magic for 5mm and larger crystal beads, gemstones and most Czech glass beads.
Is stretch magic good?
Stretch Magic, and other cords like it, are very reliable. Using a surgeon’s knot (with an extra half knot) is the most secure way to keep them tied. Many people add a drop of super glue or E6000 to ensure the knot stays securely tied. The second type of cord is called stretch floss.
How do you use a stretch cord bracelet?
- Prepare your materials.
- Cut the elastic to length.
- Prestretch the elastic cord.
- Secure the end of the cord.
- Lay out your beads.
- String the beads onto the cord.
- Tie a knot to secure the beading cord.
- Secure the knot with glue.
How do you make a sliding knot cord bracelet?
Sliding Knot Instructions
- Cross both ends of cord so the left cord is in front of the right cord.
- Wrap the left cord around the right cord.
- Wrap around the right cord again, making one complete loop. Be sure to keep these loops loose while wrapping.
- Continue wrapping around the right cord.
What is the strongest stretch cord for making bracelets?
Create Homemade Accessories with the Best Elastic String for Jewelry Making
- Stretch Magic Beading Cord. This super-sturdy, 1-millimeter spandex cord comes on a 16-foot roll.
- Beadaholique Beadsmith Opelon Elastic White Beading Cord.
- Darice Elastic Cord.
- Mandala Crafts Elastic Cord.
- Beadnova Crystal String Cord.
How do you use stretch magic elastic cord for jewelry?
Although silk and other cord types can be used for making DIY jewelry, stretch magic elastic cord is used exclusively for beads and beaded crafts of various kinds. Bring both ends together, so that they are parallel to one another. Place one end perpendicular to the other one. The two ends should now be crossed, forming an “x.”
What is stretch magic in jewelry?
If you enjoy making your own jewelry, you’ve probably heard of the elastic cord known as “stretch magic.” This type of cord is generally used to make beaded rings, bracelets and necklaces. Although convenient, the slippery, stretchy nature of the cord can pose a problem; knots typically slide out very easily.
How do you keep beads from falling off stretch magic cord?
Because Stretch Magic cord can be slippery, a simple knot may come undone after you string the cord with beads. One solution is to tie the Stretch Magic cord using a square knot, which will enable it to remain tied, preventing the beads from falling off of the jewelry item after it has been created.
How do you tie a stretch cord together?
Stretch Magic, and other cords like it, are very reliable. Using a surgeon’s knot(with an extra half knot) is the most secure way to keep them tied. Many people add a drop of super glue or E6000 to ensure the knot stays securely tied. The second type of cord is called stretch floss.